My Russian Bolt Action army is now almost complete.
I’ve spent the last few days finishing off the rest of my unpainted figures. I completed the tanks a couple of weeks ago with some weathering and wanted to finish off the infantry so I can field an army at the next meeting of the Wargames Club in Letchworth.
The bulk of the army is Plastic Soldier Company 28mm figures, these make up infantry and I also have a box of artillery and special weapons which include machine guns, AT rifles and mortars.
The only thing I need to finish now is a truck which has been undercoated and needs the paint job finishing.
So far the army contains:
- KV1/KV2 tank
- IS2 tank
- T-34 76mm tank
- T-34 85mm tank
- Studebaker US6 6×6 truck
- 2 x 45mm anti tank guns & crew
- 2 x 50mm mortars & 2 crew
- 2 x 82mm mortars & 3 crew
- 4 x Maxim machine guns (2 static, 2 being pulled)
- 5 x anti tank rifle teams (3 static, 2 being carried)
- 9 x machine gun teams (5 static, 4 being carried)
- 2 x sniper teams
- 3 x medics
- 3 x orderlies
- 5 officers
- 2 x 11-man rifle squads
- 2 x 9-man rifle squads
- 3 x 9-man smg squads
I’m quite pleased with the overall result and can’t wait to get them into action.