Tank Traps Completed

/, Kits, Modelling, WWII/Tank Traps Completed

Tank Traps Completed

The first ant-tank obstacles are completed. I decided to make up the concrete obstacles.

I mounted them all on 25mm round bases, the same size as the infantry figures I’m doing. Once stuck to the base with superglue I’ve given the surface a coat of PVA glue and added some course sand & grit. Once dry I sprayed them with black Army Painter spray. I’d probably have used cheaper spray but I didn’t have any black.

When properly dry I’ve painted them in Vallejo Basalt Grey (8969) then given them a black ink wash, dry-brushed with Basalt Grey and then highlighted the corners and edges with Tamiya Sky Grey (XF-19). Finally I’ve highlighted the bases with dry-brushed white. I might add patches of green flock to the bases, I’m not sure.

Barbed Wire Barricades

I also made some barbed wire out of wire. I twisted two strands together with my electric screwdriver. I think the wire is a little thick though, so I might try and get some thinner gauge wire when I can and try more with that.

I made the cross pieces with matchsticks. The logs are from the pound shop gardening section. You get a whole bundle of  willow twigs for a quid. With the amount you get, I won’t run out any time soon.

The wire was curled around an AA battery so it formed a tube which I could then slip over the log before attaching the cross pieces. I then  drizzled the wire with some Citadel Reikland Fleshshade ink to give it a bit of a rusty feel.

 

Anti-tank Obstacles Sprue
Basing the Tank Traps
Undercoating the Traps
Completed Obstacles
Barbed Wire Barricades
Completed Obstacles
2017-07-30T18:37:06+00:00March 7th, 2017|Bolt Action, Kits, Modelling, WWII|0 Comments

Leave A Comment

%d bloggers like this: